Table of Contents
LIFE INSURANCE FOR SENIOURS
Financial peace of mind during the golden years is the objective for most seniors as they plan to create a lifetime financial security for their loved ones.
However, if you are reaching that period of time in your life and have not made arrangements for the financial well-being of those you leave behind, you certainly need to give it some more serious thought in your senior years.
Will there be enough to cover your funeral expenses and any outstanding debts such as estate taxes?
Knowing that your family will be taken care of when you are gone is the your most sought-after goal?
Will there be a pension maximization for your surviving spouse?
How do you want to be remembered? Do you want to leave an inheritance for your loved ones when you pass away?
Life insurance is the financial product designed to ease those concerns. It can protect what you are working so hard to build.
5 things to take into consideration when you are looking for life insurance for seniors
- Choose a policy that is Permanent and Good for Your Entire Life.There is a 100% chance you will die. Therefore, you need a solution that is permanent. A life insurance policy that guarantees that the insurance company will send a check to your family when you pass away. This money will prevent your family from going into debt or tapping into savings to cover your final expenses.
- Monthly Payment Will Never Increase.Make sure the payment for your insurance policy will never increase. Find a plan that is affordable and sustainable for your budget. When you are retired you are on a fixed income. It is important to know that there will not be any surprises in the future.
- Death Benefit Will Never Decrease. Choose a policy where the death benefit will never decrease. You know exactly how much your beneficiary will receive and can plan accordingly.
- Changes in Age or Health Do Not Change Your Life Insurance Plan.Choose to purchase a policy from a financial institution that issues your policy based on your age and health at the time the policy starts. If your health worsens after the policy is in force, the company cannot, under any circumstances, cancel or change your plan.
- Tax Free. The death benefit payment is tax free for the beneficiary. This allows your family to use the money without having to worry about a big tax bill at the end of the year.
There are many options available, all with various values and premiums rates.
The good news is that, for seniors who want to buy life insurance, there are affordable choices.
So, if you are looking for senior life insurance and you want to have clarity and to avoid the confusing terms and process, you should consider employing a financial professional to help you!